In response to advice received from The Department of Training and Workforce Development, The Department of Health and other government sources, Trade Academy Western Australia have made changes to how our internal and external training and education programs are being delivered.
Although we are able to continue with our training delivery, we have implemented preventative measures to mitigate the risk of spreading the COVID-19 outbreak. These measures have been implemented to limit disruption to our students training and education progress yet safeguarding the health and safety of students, staff members and visitors to our Bayswater campus. These measures include:
- Daily preventative health questionnaire to be completed by all personnel on campus
- Provision of hand sanitizer on arrival and departure from the campus
- Washing of hands with soap and water at hourly intervals for all personnel on campus
- In addition to general cleaning activities, daily anti-bacterial washing of common touch points throughout the campus
Training delivery measures
- Social distancing of 1.5 meters between students and trainers during face to face delivery
- Reduced class sizes to ensure 1.5 meter social distancing rule can be maintained at all times
- Temporary postponement of all face to face regional training delivery. Online platform still accessible.
- Additional on-the-job training delivery where a workplace has the capacity to accommodate. i.e. practical training in an open outside environment and social distancing can be implemented.
- Essential visitors to campus only (students, trainers support staff). All non-essential face to face meetings have be postponed or rescheduled for online conferencing.
As we endeavour to follow federal and state government advice, our priority is safeguarding the health and safety of our students and staff members. As the advice from government changes daily, we too will adjust our implementation of training and education to align ourselves with the latest government advice. This plan has been implemented to not only safeguard the health and safety of our students and staff but to also ensure that we align ourselves with the state governments commitment to rebuilding and reshaping the Western Australian economy via the creation of a diverse and skilled workforce.
Please refer to the Department of Training and Workforce Developments COVID-19 information page for further advice. https://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/.